The Janis Levine Music Women and Children's Endowment Fund of the Dallas Jewish Community Foundation
Funding from the Janis Levine Music Women and Children's Endowment Fund of the Dallas Jewish Community Foundation is available to all eligible organizations offering programs and services that alleviate poverty and its effects for women and/or children. This may include, but is not limited to, services that provide the following: education, employment, health, food access, child care, safety, and transportation. Poverty disproportionately affects women and children and the Committee is seeking proposals for any programming that is working to break the cycle of poverty in the lives of women and children.
Founded over 20 years ago in memory of Janis Levine Music, this Fund was intended to honor Janis' life and her passion for helping women and children. With the love and support from Janis' family and friends, this Fund has generated 87 grants totaling nearly $250,000. The Fund's Advisory Committee maintains high standards for grantmaking and has a genuine concern for promoting the mission of the Fund.
- 501(c)(3) organization classification or affiliation
- Board of Directors Oversight
- Serving and located in Dallas, Denton, or Collin County
- Organization must be in existence and operating a minimum of three years
- Program/project must be in existence and operating a minimum of two years
- 2022 Theme: Poverty Alleviation for Women and/or Children
- For direct service or program costs only
- May include related personnel, administrative, and/or office expenses
- No capital expenditures
- Number of grants TBD based on available dollars and grant proposals (grants will range from $2,500 - $12,000 maximum)
- One time grants only
Award Recipient Requirements
- Provide 20% of program cost (The Janis Levine Music Women and Children's Endowment Fund will fund up to 80% of cost up to a maximum grant of $12,000)
- Provide financial information to Committee
- Provide a post-evaluative summary of results
- Publicize grant subject to Foundation approval
- Submit only one application per organization
Thursday, February 3, 2022 | Phase I Applications Due
Tuesday, February 15, 2022 | Selected applicants will be notified to submit for Phase II Application
Tuesday, March 22, 2022 | Phase II Applications Due
Friday, April 22, 2022 | All organizations are notified
If you have any questions, please contact Chay John, Philanthropic Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your organization’s submission.