The Janis Levine Music Women and Children's Endowment Fund of the Dallas Jewish Community Foundation
Thank you for participating! The application process is closed.
Funding from the Janis Levine Music Women and Children's Endowment Fund of the Dallas Jewish Community Foundation is available to all organizations offering services that ensure the safety and security of women and/or children. This may include, but is not limited to, services that ensure the following: safe workplaces for women, school safety for children, security of women and their bodies, women and children affected by the border crisis.
Founded over 20 years ago in memory of Janis Levine Music, this Fund was intended to honor Janis' life, as well as her passion to help all women and children. With the love and support from Janis' family and friends, her legacy has become larger than life. The Fund's Advisory Committee, still with many of the original members, maintains high standards for grant making and has a genuine concern for promoting the mission of the fund.
- 501(c)(3) organization classification or affiliation
- Board of Directors Oversight
- Serving and located in Dallas, Denton, or Collin County
- Organization must be in existence and operating a minimum of three years
- Program/project must be in existence and operating a minimum of two years
- 2020 Theme: Safety and Security of Women and/or Children
- For direct service or program costs only
- May include related personnel, administrative, and/or office expenses
- No capital expenditures
- Number of grants TBD based on available dollars and grant proposals (grants will range from $2,500 - $12,000 maximum)
- One time grants only
Award Recipient Requirements
- Provide 20% of program cost (The Janis Levine Music Women and Children's Endowment Fund will fund up to 80% of cost up to a maximum grant of $12,000)
- Provide financial information to committee
- Provide a post-evaluative summary of results
- Publicize grant subject to Foundation approval
- Submit only one application per organization
Thursday, February 27, 2020 | Phase I Applications Due
Thursday, March 12, 2020 | Selected applicants will be notified to submit for Phase II Application
Monday, April 13, 2020 | Phase II Applications Due
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 | Final Committee Review
June TBD | Award Announcement(s) and Check Presentation(s)
If you have any questions, please contact Chay John, Philanthropy Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your organization’s submission.