The Janis Levine Music Women and Children's Endowment Fund
of the Dallas Jewish Community Foundation
Funding from the Janis Levine Music Women and Children's Endowment Fund of the Dallas Jewish Community Foundation is available to all organizations whose primary mission is to offer educational services that help women and/or children in poverty. This may include such programs that help children gain the skills necessary to reach their full potential, succeed in school, or provide college and career readiness support to women facing poverty.
Founded 20 years ago in memory of Janis Levine Music, this fund was intended to honor Janis' life, as well as her passion to help all women and children. With the love and support from Janis' family and friends, her legacy has become larger than life. The fund's advisory committee, still with many of the original members, maintains high standards for grant making and has a genuine concern for promoting the mission of the fund.
- 501(c)3 organization classification or affiliation
- Board of Directors Oversight
- Serving and located in Dallas, Denton, or Collin County
- In existence and operating a minimum of three years
- Organization's mission must be dedicated primarily to serving the needs of women and/or children in poverty.
- The 2018 Theme: Organizations providing services or programs focused on education for women and/or children.
- For direct service or program costs only
- May include related personnel, administrative, and office expenses
- No capital expenditures
- Number of grants TBD based on available dollars and grant proposals (grants will range from $2,500 - $12,000 maximum)
- One time grants only
Award Recipients will agree to:
- Provide 20% of program cost
(The Janice Levine Music Women and Children's Endowment Fund will fund up to 80% of cost up to a maximum grant of $12,000)
- Provide financial information to committee
- Provide a post-evaluative summary of results
- Publicize grant subject to Foundation approval
- Submit only one application per organization
Monday, February 5, 2018 | Final date to submit application
Monday, February 26, 2018 | Those selected from first application round are invited to submit for round two
Monday, March 26, 2018 | Final date to submit application, round two
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 | Final Committee Review
May TBD | Award Announcement and Check Presentation
If you have any questions, please contact Jaycee Greenblatt, Director of New Initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving a submission from your organization.