About Donor Advised Funds
Philanthropy is a powerful way to improve a community. The Dallas Jewish Community Foundation strives to maximize the impact and effectiveness of giving while relieving fundholders of tedious administrative burdens by providing all-encompassing philanthropic services.
Through generous fundholders, Dallas Jewish Community Foundation Donor Advised Funds distributed the majority of our $12.7 million in grants to more than 900 nonprofit organizations supporting local, national and international charitable interests during our 2013 fiscal year.
A Donor Advised Fund can be established with a donation of cash or securities valued at $5,000 or more. You may add to the fund whenever it benefits your giving or tax needs. You’ll receive a charitable tax deduction at the time of the contribution, but retain the option to recommend grants when you are ready, over the course of years or even generations. You’ll also have access to our philanthropic advisors on staff to assist in exploring organizations or fields of interest you may wish to support.
- Supports any eligible charity in the United States, including houses of worship, schools and universities
- Sends collective message of Jewish community support to charities
- Offers tax advantages
- Provides philanthropic vehicle for future generations
- Adheres to strict confidentiality policy
- Assures anonymity upon request
- No annual distribution requirement
- $50 minimum grant recommendations
- $2,000 minimum balance required
- $5,000 minimum (cash or securities) to open
Please contact us for additional information concerning your philanthropic needs. The Dallas Jewish Community Foundation is here to help.